Top 10 In-Demand Skills For Freelancing In 2020 – You might wonder why companies love hiring freelancers so much. The reason is that they are more cost-effective and offer specialized skills. And that’s the key element here that you need to focus on – specialized skills. Here are the top 10 in-demand skills for freelancing platforms or websites in 2020.
You can choose from this list of the top 10 skills that are going to be in high demand for freelancers in 2020. Some of the skills are ones you might expect to be fairly common by now. But you’ll be surprised to know that there aren’t many freelancers out there who are adept at them.
1. Programming and software development skills – programming jobs especially software and mobile development pay the highest for freelancers. Solid skills in programming languages like IOS and WebGL can earn around $150 per hour.
2. Website design and development skills: Approximately 380 new websites are created per minute PHP Development is the topmost in-demand skill. There are more earning opportunities related to tools, services, coding languages or design. Basically specialization in website management platforms like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal are in high demand. Having knowledge of tools and plugins are usually added advantages.
3. Graphic design Skills: This ranks number 2 most in-demand skill on Upwork – You can earn up to $85 per hour. Infographic designs, logo design, icon design and illustration pay pretty well.
4. Content writing skills: Content writing for Website pages, descriptions for products, services etc are also in high demand. Experienced freelance copywriters make up to $250 per hour
5. Video editing skills: Video is the new king of content. Anyone who can create, edit and most importantly make viral social videos for business and fun is in high demand. Freelance video editors earn around $72,000 a year across different freelancing platforms,
6. Social media managers – Organizations and brands are always in need of social media specialists to manage incoming and outgoing interactions on their social media pages and online platforms, so social media managers are in high demand, those who have specialities in SEO, marketing and other key areas are also widely sought after. Social media managers also earn within the range from $46,000 per year and up to $72,000 on freelancing platforms globally.
7. virtual assistant and Administrative Assistant: If you are able to provide administrative services to clients while operating outside of the client’s office anywhere in the world, your skill is actually in high demand, A virtual assistant typically operates from a home office but can access the necessary planning documents, such as shared calendars, remotely, if this is who you are, you should start applying for virtual and administrative assistant roles as soon as possible.
8. Data Entry / Spreadsheet: Data helps businesses to understand their demographic and ultimately create better products and services. With this huge data, the drive comes a need for admin input which helps businesses to organise and utilise this information. That is a very time-consuming process, which is why they prefer outsourcing the task to freelancers. Knowing how to work spreadsheets is the one skill that never seems to go out of style.
9. Accounting and bookkeeping skills: This might come as a surprise to most because why hire someone when you could just use accounting software instead. However, there’s still plenty that software cannot do. For example, tax codes and deductions are an enigma that you can’t solve using the software. Moreover, some small businesses simply can’t afford to invest in software. This is why freelancers who provide accounting services continue to be in demand.
10. Customer Service skills: – Customer satisfaction is at the heart of a company’s success. And to ensure such satisfaction, there are several companies who provide 24/7 support. This means they’re always looking for customer service representatives who are willing to work at odd hours, usually after the regular 9 to 5 workday. So if you’re willing to most likely work through the night, this might just be the one for you.