The importance of technology in the success of a business cannot be overemphasized. The right use of technology for your business helps manage data flow, track processes, maintain employee records, enhance connectivity and improve customer support. Above all, it eliminates the need for manpower and physical resources in most business operations.
There has been a rise in remote work across the world, many small businesses have embraced remote working activities for their staff either to cut cost or just help their staff be more productive. As a small business owner, it is very important to invest and incorporate the right technology tools into the daily operations of your organization.
Whichever the case may be for you, we have identified 5 technology tools to help you and your small business team function effectively and be more productive.
1. Website: A website is a collection of publicly accessible, interlinked Web pages that share a single domain name. It is also known as a web presence.
In today’s digital age, it is very essential for businesses to have a web presence. Getting your company online will reap major benefits. Even if your company does not conduct business online, customers and potential customers are expecting to see you online. If they don’t see you there, you could be losing out on the opportunity to increase your customer base and get the word out about your business. Check out affordable website packages for small businesses here
2. Google Analytics: Of what good is a website if you can’t analyze and constantly checking where the traffic is coming from?
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google analytics helps you know what key demographics (age, gender, etc) visit your site? What devices are they using to view your website? How long do visitors read your content before checking out? It helps you know their interests? The network, location and a whole lot of other stuff.
If you can effectively analyze your analytics as an organization, you will be able to understand who your audience is and the best possible ways to attend to them. Get started with Google Analytics now
3. Cloud Storage: Look, this 2018 and no one, I repeat no one should ever complain about losing a document. Every business, whether Internet-based or not should have at least one cloud storage account. Cloud storage is a cloud computing model in which data is stored on remote servers accessed from the internet, or “cloud.” It is maintained, operated and managed by a cloud storage service provider on storage servers that are built on virtualization techniques. Cloud storage platforms help you and your staff organize and share files without hassles.
I have been working from both my Dropbox and Google Drive accounts, for more than 5 years now and I can boldly say I have access to all my files on the go even on my mobile phone and I don’t have to worry when any of my devices (laptop or phone) is stolen. start storing and sharing files on Dropbox and Google Drive today.
4. Accounting Software to Simplify Your Finances: Like cloud technology, accounting software is another important piece of technology for your business. Today’s accounting programs are user-friendly and can be operated by someone with little to no accounting knowledge. With just a few clicks, you can keep the track of expenses, payroll and billing across your business. I use BMAC, it is designed for the Nigerian market and it is free too, Click to get started with BMAC Accounting software today
5. Slack: This is one of the best technology tools for businesses out there. Slack is a place where your team comes together to collaborate, important information can be found by the right people, and your tools pipe in information when and where you need it. Slack is very perfect for internal communications, especially when you have a staff or team members working remotely. It allows our team to create specific channels of conversations, video conferences and can create alerts for specific marketing objectives. Get started with slack now.
Are there other technology tools you will like to suggest? Please share in the comment box